XP votes

Ideas for a new tool? Something you'd like to see in a pre-existing tool? Think something could use a better interface? Talk about it here!

XP votes

Postby Bishop » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 pm

I couldn't figure out the most appropriate place to post this so I'm just trying here. I strongly dislike the category best schemer and any potential category that may share my reasons for disliking this one. If someone is scheming well people won't know about it so it is an oxymoronic category to vote on. This essentially is best schemer that let me in on it. I'd much rather see it stated as best planner because that isn't inherently bad if people know about it.
Bishop
Prospector

Re: XP votes

Postby Dr Caroline Baxter » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:34 am

I disagree.

I think a really well-done scheme is one in which you get away with it, but people know or strongly suspect - but can never proove - it was you.

ETA: Also, you might find out about something OOC that they got away with IC.
Dr Caroline Baxter
Prospector

Character of: Ginger

Postby Pohizzzle » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:38 pm

I agree.

Best schemers is a little wierd and hard to pin down. The best schemers are the ones who no one suspects.

Which is why I always just put down Rose Bailey. That one's planning something, ;-)
Pohizzzle
Pioneer

Postby Brian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:53 pm

The categories can't be changed once voting is open without having to wipe all of the votes out (due to the way the system works) - The XO team will keep this post in mind for the next batch of categories. Since categories change most games, it's likely this category will get skipped next round.
Brian
Game Lead / Executive Officer
Game Lead / Executive Officer

Postby Bishop » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 pm

Brian wrote:The categories can't be changed once voting is open without having to wipe all of the votes out (due to the way the system works) - The XO team will keep this post in mind for the next batch of categories. Since categories change most games, it's likely this category will get skipped next round.

I'm aware that this wouldn't affect current votes. I was just voicing my opinion for future games because it isn't a category type I think works at least without getting meta knowledge after game.
Bishop
Prospector

Return to Feature Requests