Upgrading php, phpbb, and wiki in the near future

When I do something cool with the online tools I'll try to remember to make a post here.
Brian
49er

Upgrading php, phpbb, and wiki in the near future

Post by Brian » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:19 pm

This likely won't happen until after game. In order to support other projects, I'm planning to upgrade some of the software that Dark Prospects runs on. This will mean that some or all of the website will be offline for at least an hour when I perform the upgrades.

Upgrading to php 7.1 - this version is recent and is receiving supported updates, while the version currently serving the website is no longer being supported by php.
-- This means I've had to rewrite some code for the website itself, including tools like Character Builder and the main site in order to have them continue to function. Please let me know if these tools give you any trouble after the update.
Upgrading to phpbb 3.2 - this will result in a few changes to the forum visually. You will also potentially need to re-link your character accounts after the upgrade - my apologies.
Upgrading Mediawiki - the version we're currently on is VERY out of date. The upgrade includes security features, as well as improving authentication for those who can edit the wiki (rules team in particular).

At some point down the road, I'd like to update the osticket software (CG system), but the last time I tried that it exploded, so I'll probably hold off on that until I can figure out how to do it safely.

Brian
49er

Re: Upgrading php, phpbb, and wiki in the near future

Post by Brian » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:34 am

I’m planning this work on Tuesday, April 2.

Brian
49er

Post by Brian » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:28 pm

phpbb and the forums are functional, which means all features should be working, however there may be small tweaks to the style as we progress.

Working on the wiki next.

tinnaminor
Check-In
Check-In

Post by tinnaminor » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Brian
49er

Post by Brian » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:41 pm

The wiki should be fixed as well. Everything's up and running!