RP-Type-Specific boards

When I do something cool with the online tools I'll try to remember to make a post here.

RP-Type-Specific boards

Postby Brian » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:22 am

The following supernatural types have RP boards associated with them:

Elysium (Vampires, Ghouls, and the like)
The Caern (All shifters)
The Citadel (Wraiths)
Umbral Glade (Gaian Spirits)

If you belong to these character types and don't have access, please let me know.

I'm trying to decide if GS characters should still have access to The Caern, since they now have their own section of the boards.
Brian
Game Lead / Executive Officer

Re: RP-Type-Specific boards

Postby MaxisG » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Personally I would think they would since who is going to deny the spirits access to the caern? That would be kinda rude

Brian wrote:The following supernatural types have RP boards associated with them:

Elysium (Vampires, Ghouls, and the like)
The Caern (All shifters)
The Citadel (Wraiths)
Umbral Glade (Gaian Spirits)

If you belong to these character types and don't have access, please let me know.

I'm trying to decide if GS characters should still have access to The Caern, since they now have their own section of the boards.
MaxisG
Prospector

Postby Brian » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Maybe it should just be renamed and given to shifters only, since otherwise they're the only characters (aside from mortals) that don't have a private RP space now.
Brian

Postby BeckyW » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:45 pm

I would think either the shifters and spirits should be together, or they should be separate. Having spirits get their own, but shifters not is kind of unbalanced, IMO.
BeckyW
Pioneer

Postby Twoey » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:03 am

The shifters all have their own boards now that are not the Caern proper. The Gaian spirit board is a separate board like that too.
I don't think it makes sense for spirits who have been invited into the Caern, not to have access to the RP Caern boards.
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
Twoey
Character Team Member
Character Team Member

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:12 am

The renown forums are not RP boards. They are for storytelling only, which is why they are moderated boards. That's not equivalent.
Brian

Postby BeckyW » Tue May 09, 2017 3:31 pm

This hasn't been dealt with yet. Right now shifters are the only ones without a type-specific RP board. Something needs to be adjusted or a decision needs to be made here, because it's a balance issue and really bothers my sense of fair play.
BeckyW
Pioneer

Postby BeckyW » Wed May 17, 2017 8:30 pm

bump
BeckyW
Pioneer

Postby BeckyW » Wed May 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Also, nobody has used this new forum. Do players actually want it still?
BeckyW
Pioneer

Postby Keyara » Thu May 18, 2017 9:38 am

I just found my renown forum today because I rarely log on with my character accounts instead of my Lindsay account and it's only my Keyara account that can see it.

Beyond that - I made a post asking for clarification on how to use the forum and got a message upon making the post that there would not be a delay, it would be posted etc - but the forum still appears as though there are no posts there.

So.... are renown forums moderator locked threads that can only be seen by the mods? Because if that's the case then they may have been used and we just can't see it.
Keyara
Prospector

Character of: Lindsay

Postby Brian » Thu May 18, 2017 11:25 am

Renown forums are moderated by ST.
Brian

Postby BeckyW » Fri May 19, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm talking about the new role play forum, not the ones for renoun tracking. Justin said there was a request for a spirit only forum, so they made one, but it hasn't been used. Also, it means the shifters are the only group without their own type specific forum.

So do we want them each to have a type specific forum? Do we want to combine them again because nobody is using the spirit forum? What do we want to do?
BeckyW
Pioneer

Postby Ginger » Mon May 22, 2017 10:08 am

Mortals also do not have a type-specific board.

The boards are only visible when you're on your character account, so possibly what needs to happen is better advertising so that *players* know these new boards are an option.

I don't think lack of use of a board is a good reason to remove it - new players, and new characters, are arriving all the time, and just because it's not been used yet doesn't mean it won't be used at all.
Ginger
Rules Team Member
Rules Team Member

Postby BeckyW » Mon May 22, 2017 10:44 pm

That doesn't address the issue that we had 2 sharing, now one got it's own and still shares the other. It also doesn't explain why someone requested it and then never used it, but that isn't really an issue. If the spirits requested a board all to themselves and got one right away, why can't shifters also?
BeckyW
Pioneer

Postby Ralph » Tue May 23, 2017 9:16 am

There are several perspectives here. It is very clearly established in canon that Shifters are always under the watchful eyes of the spirits - while the spirits themselves easily can speak to each other without being spied upon by the Shifters. (Indeed, in canon, you must learn the language of spirits to talk to most at all!) However, I also understand the desire for a private forum of only your type.

The XOs are looking into this matter and we'll have a decision within a few weeks.
Ralph
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Return to Announcements