New version of Character Sheets and Check-In

News

New version of Character Sheets and Check-In

Postby Brian » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Hello Prospectors - a new version of the Character Sheets tool has been uploaded and now has the Check-In functionality integrated and Rituals moved to their own page. We hope this new tool serves you well!
Brian
Game Lead / Executive Officer

Re: New version of Character Sheets and Check-In

Postby Twoey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:53 am

How do we *send* our check in?
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
Twoey
Character Team Member
Character Team Member

Postby Brian » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:55 am

You can save your sheet with the Save and Check-In button to submit a message to the check-in team.
Brian

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:05 pm

I'm always looking for feedback on our tools. We've made a few adjustments already to the Sheets/Check-In tool, and I'm open to more of them if there's anything that would be particularly useful. Let me know if you have suggestions, problems, or want to know anything about the sheets.
Brian

Postby Pohizzzle » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:43 pm

I like the new look/combination! One thing I would note is I was not able to find a place to enter in miscellaneous comments. For example, this time around I believe I only received credit for 2 literaries instead of 3.
Pohizzzle
Pioneer

Postby Lindsay » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Pohizzzle wrote:I like the new look/combination! One thing I would note is I was not able to find a place to enter in miscellaneous comments. For example, this time around I believe I only received credit for 2 literaries instead of 3.

I gave the feedback in an update to my check in ticket - but yes, I did not like the lack of anywhere to enter comments. For example, I had "too many powers" purchased because of the rules changes and my changing old powers to their new entries and I wanted to send a note to let them know which of the powers was actually new to save them time and investigation - but there was no place to do that without having to go back into my email to respond to the auto email.
Lindsay
Character Team Member
Character Team Member

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:43 pm

Pre-claiming XP isn't going to exist going forward, and there's actually code in place so that when a check-in member visits the page they can actually differentiate changes vs. additions. (changes show up in yellow, additions in green, subtractions in red). The "too many powers" error message has been updated to include text describing how to turn that error message off as well (it turns back on when you reload the page, but it hides the messages while you're using the tool - this is particularly useful for situations like power name updates) - the box was not put in place because of the change to XP pre-claiming. If it seems necessary for other reasons, we can add it back in though.
Brian

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Important additional note to clarify that: There is a box that shows up for characters who have never been checked in before, but have been approved. If it's your first check-in you get a box asking you to fill in additional details, tag needs, etc...
Brian

Postby Lindsay » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:48 pm

the box was not put in place because of the change to XP pre-claiming. If it seems necessary for other reasons, we can add it back in though.

I rarely used it for pre-claiming xp. I always used it for "hey, this thing may seem weird - here is my explanation before you have to send me a ticket to ask about it" to cut down on the work check in had to do with me.

I would like to see its return to help with communication at check in.
Lindsay
Character Team Member
Character Team Member

Return to Game News