In Character forum permissions

Lindsay
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

In Character forum permissions

Post by Lindsay » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:22 am

Hey all you wonderful DP players!

Lindsay - your friendly neighborhood CG here!

It has come to my attention that with the wonderful influx of new people and new characters - some of you do not yet have access to the In Character RP area of the boards.

I went to do an audit of such things, but some of you are only using a single forum handle for all your characters, some of you have created character handles that don't match up with the names of the characters that I have on the sheets.....and all of this is fine! It just means that I can't easily figure out by just looking which accounts should have what access.

SO! If you have an account that needs access - please post from that account to this thread and in the post tell me what character or characters that account needs to be given IC access for. I will privately check the sheet for that character name and give you access to the account you post from!

Thank you!

Jennifer
Prospector

Re: In Character forum permissions

Post by Jennifer » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:10 am

So...if I'm understanding your post correctly, merely having an account does not necessarily mean that we have access to the RP forums?
""The Man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind." - William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Brian
49er

Post by Brian » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:16 am

Correct. There are a few forums that require additional permissions because:
  • while I don't want spammers anywhere, I particularly don't want them in certain sections of the forum.
  • I want to make sure people don't post in RP forums before they have a character
  • some discussions should only involve players of the game, not the general public
  • type-specific forums mean you need a character of that type to see that forum
  • RP forums don't need to be seen by the general public

Jennifer
Prospector

Post by Jennifer » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:36 am

I see. How does one get a character approved?
""The Man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind." - William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Brian
49er

Post by Brian » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Once the CGs approve a character they should be able to add the player/character/account to the appropriate forum(s). If you think you should be in a group but you don't appear to be there, you can go to the "User Control Panel" and select "Usergroups" from the page list in the UCP. Once there you should see a list of groups and can request access to groups as you'd like. I try to remember to go through between games and add folks to the "Players" group myself, since that's my group to manage. Since I don't see all new accounts, I do it when a name looks familiar from the registration page.

Lindsay
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Lindsay » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:05 pm

We got new players recently! They should read this thread and tag it if they have a character account that needs rp access!