June 2016) - Detachment (Perry POV story)

June 2016) - Detachment (Perry POV story)

Postby Bishop » Mon May 07, 2018 10:59 pm

I've heard the talk that Malkavians are considered a bit much, but I don't feel like much of anything. I don't FEEL much of anything. Isn't that how it should be though? That's how you've always gotten by. Tuning out the screaming from your mother and crashing from her struggling in the other room, pretending you were in a better place than you were. How many nights crying yourself to sleep before the tears ran dry? When did you harden yourself to not crack from the turmoil? Where has it gotten you though? You made a point of not connecting with people because you were afraid to become a monster like HIM. How many bridges did you have to burn to stay disconnected? How many missed opportunities? How many parallel yous are there that took the other fork in the road and actually made something of themselves?
Then you met the only woman you've ever loved and everything changed, connections didn't seem so scary. For the first time you could remember you felt something other than numb. And for a while there it was good wasn't it? Vienna was happy with you wasn't she? Or was she just telling you that? She says that she'll always care but did she ever really? You may have loved her but why would she love you? Are you even worth it? What have you done to be worthy of her love? Nothing really, and love always has a condition to it doesn't it.
I didn't become like my father but I am still a monster aren't I? No you don't have to be, your actions matter, you can be human without BEING human.
Well most people can... I don't think I'm capable of it. The only woman I've ever loved has sent me packing and logically I should be shedding tears right now, but I don't feel sad, I don't feel anything. It's probably a good thing you're leaving, you're damaged goods you always have been. She'll be better off without you.
Bishop
Prospector

Re: June 2016) - Detachment (Perry POV story)

Postby Brian » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:06 pm

XP granted (or will be as soon as I finish reviewing the rest of these - give me an hour or so)
Brian
Game Lead / Executive Officer
Game Lead / Executive Officer

Return to Literaries