March 2015 Part 2) Your first - Artesima Piper

March 2015 Part 2) Your first - Artesima Piper

Postby drgnlvr13 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:32 pm

It seems like I've been going through a series of firsts recently... Just the other month I was a part of my very first fight. Having grown up as a woman in the south, I never foresaw myself needing to involve myself in a physical altercation, but my father had taught me how to throw a punch in case I ever felt threatened. And I used my new powers in this fight for the first time since my... change. I felt awful afterwards, full of the vivid memories of what I had done. The monster I had feared I had become came out that night and the worst part is, I can still remember the rush of adrenaline, the taste of power.

And then this weekend, another first. I used my power outside of a conflict. I willingly used it, trying to rationalize to myself that it was necessary, that it would help people. That it may even prevent some harm. And you know what? I think it actually helped. Now that I've been able to use my power for some good, maybe, just maybe, I can live with the monster. I just need to ensure I am using it to help others.

But then came my last first. After having used my powers for good, I came to the unfortunate realization that using my power came with a price. A somewhat large price. It took a lot from me, these new powers. And if I wasn't careful, I could drain myself and unleash the monster in full force. So I had to make sure that I replenished myself afterwards. I can't say this is the first time I've had to do it, my sire had forced me to do so as a part of my training after my initial change. And I did so during battle the other month to keep my strength up. But I've never willingly done it before, and never from someone who so willingly offered it. It felt wrong. Everything about it was wrong. In order to prevent the monster from breaking free, I had to momentarily become the monster to refuel. And afterwards, I felt fantastic. Fantastic and wrong. Is this price I must pay enough to offset the good I hope to do with my power? Or is it better for me to continue ignoring my power to keep the beast inside contained, hoping it's for the best?
drgnlvr13

Re: March 2015 Part 2) Your first - Artesima Piper

Postby Brian » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:07 pm

XP granted (or will be as soon as I finish reviewing the rest of these - give me an hour or so)
Brian
Game Lead / Executive Officer
Game Lead / Executive Officer

Return to Literaries