The Dark Prospects team is looking for a group of storytellers to move into an active role guiding the players and story of Dark Prospects. Justin, our head Storyteller, mentioned that he needs to take a break from the role in order to refresh and reset his capabilities, and that means we need people to join our team.
We know that a lot of players, especially those who haven't tried Storytelling before, lack confidence in their ability to storytell. We encourage you to apply regardless. Our team will be glad to help train you and in all likelihood, you're already better than you think you are!
Well, what do you get for being storyteller currently?
- 9XP per game
- No cost to attend
- The ability to change lives (mostly fictitious ones, but there is often significant player impact by the stories told)
- Creative flexibility
- The adoration of players
- A chance to tell YOUR stories.
What we'd like to see
- A creative mind
- Stories to tell
- At least some familiarity with White Wolf's World of Darkness
- A feel for our game's setting (1850s-1860s), as well as the general feel of the Western genre
- The ability to work in a team with other creative individuals to create a cohesive story.
- Who are you?
- Do you have Storytelling experience? If so, what kind? (It's totally okay not to have any ST experience!)
- Why are you interested in joining the team?
- What kind of plots are you most interested in running?
- Provide an example of a plot (small or large) that you'd like to see run - you do not need to flesh this plot out in whole, but provide an idea of a situation, any NPCs involved, and what you'd like to see players take from that story.
- Is there anything else the team should know?