Donovan - May 2018 1: Your Craft

Donovan - May 2018 1: Your Craft

Postby indianaknoppel » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:37 pm

"I'm sorry." Donovan Belgrave said to the uniformed deputy, his tone flat and monotone. "I couldn't do anything more. His wounds were too much." The deputy sighed and took of his hat to wipe his forehead.

"Damn, doc. That's too bad." a look of saddened disappoint crossed his face. When the deputy brought in a bleeding and broken man, he had hoped Donovan would've been able to save him. Apparently, he was the miner and the victim of a cave-in. It certainly seemed that way. His clothes were covered in dirt and rock. The wounds were from blunt trauma with crush marks and broken bones.

To anyone, at first look, just another miner who happened to have been unlucky when a tunnel caved in.

"So, how are you going to catch the murderer?" Donovan asked with his gaze focused on the deputy. The deputy blinked, clearly caught off-guard by the question.

"Murderer? He was in a cave-in." the deputy replied with a bit of confusion. Donovan raised a brow and shook his head.

"You might think that. But the bullet wound in his back says otherwise. We're lucky the cave-in only partially obscured it."

"Bullet wound?"

"With a bullet still." Donovan crossed his arms over his chest as he spoke. "If I were to guess, he was shot and, to cover up the murder, the assailant threw him in the mine and caused the cave-in. I'm sure if you looked closer into it, you'd find signs of tampering."

The deputy stood there with a furrowed brow, a hand moving to hold his chin. "This...this is...are you sure?"

"It's difficult for a dead body to lie. You must've just missed the killer too if you found this man still alive." Donovan continued before he turned to start moving toward the backroom. "Which means, if you hurry, you might catch him."

The deputy still was a bit stunned by this revelation However, her quickly recovered and placed his hat back on his head.

"Ah, right! Thanks, Dr. Belgrave. That's a sharp eye you have." He turned quickly on his heels and, in as polite of a run as he could, hurried out of the door. Donovan had already returned to the back room and let his eye fall upon the body on the table. A light sigh escaped his lips.

"Why are the dead so much easier to work with..."
indianaknoppel
Character Team Member
Character Team Member

Re: Donovan - May 2018 1: Your Craft

Postby Patricia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:39 pm

+xp
Patricia
Character Team Member
Character Team Member

Return to Literaries