July 2018 Nightmares - Artesima Piper

drgnlvr13
Prospector

July 2018 Nightmares - Artesima Piper

Post by drgnlvr13 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Sometimes I still wake up drenched in sweat, unable to breathe. The nightmares aren't nearly as often as they used to come, but I still suffer from them on rare occasions. Maybe it's my subconscious trying to tell me something... Trying to warn me of the monster still lurking within.

I don't remember much from the beginning of my new life. Much of it is a blur to me, even though it's only been a few years. I blocked out so much in the beginning though. Most of what I remember is through these nightmares, and who knows how much has been tinged with my own imagination running wild. I can't imagine that some of these nightmares are completely true. But the feeling of fear and despair were real. That's the only thing I'm certain of. I was terrified of everything; what I'd been turned into, what I was expected to do, what I might become in the future. Much of my nightmares have been centered around those feelings and I wake up screaming or sobbing into my pillow.

Part of me is thankful that they come so rarely now. But part of me wonders if the infrequency of the nightmares is a good thing. Am I starting to accept what I've become?

Patricia
Check-In
Check-In

Re: July 2018 Nightmares - Artesima Piper

Post by Patricia » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:12 pm

++xp