Easter Fair

Jennifer
Prospector

Easter Fair

Post by Jennifer » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:56 am

Hello everyone! I wanted to start a discussion about possibly doing a fair event for Easter. Originally, I thought it would be hosted exclusively at the Hotel, but I'd like for the event to be open to the whole town. Having spoken with some of the other business owners, I was thinking multiple businesses could host different teas/food/games so that townspeople can go from business to business and partake of different edibles/events. It will also help stimulate the economy (though we'd have to discuss prices, since I'd want the event to be accessible to all). Maybe one flat fee for the whole event? I, myself, was thinking about doing a full afternoon tea. Other businesses might offer that, as well, or something else of their choosing.

Some of the businesses who have expressed interest: the bar, the church, Delphine's.

Some things I might offer at the hotel:
  • Cucumber sandwiches
    Scones w/ lemon curd
    tea (of course)
    maybe some light entertainment? Music, dramatic readings, card games, etc.
Thoughts? Feedback? Let's discuss! Offers to provide games/performances/food highly encouraged!
""The Man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind." - William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

daviomac
Prospector

Re: Easter Fair

Post by daviomac » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:11 pm

I think it would be absolutely wonderful! I really like mortal/normal things like this to enjoy.

LaurenM
Prospector

Post by LaurenM » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:26 pm

Maybe each business has a thing available to ticket holders (flat fee gets you access to the snacks or whatever), and then an event for VIP ticket holders?

tinnaminor
Check-In
Check-In

Post by tinnaminor » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:45 pm

If there is no egg hunt I will be sad.

...maybe I should go to game Sunday morning at 5am just to hide Easter eggs around the site...

Jennifer
Prospector

Post by Jennifer » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm

tinnaminor wrote:If there is no egg hunt I will be sad.

...maybe I should go to game Sunday morning at 5am just to hide Easter eggs around the site...
An egg hunt is an excellent idea! Just my two cents:

Someone will have to organize the hunt. I can organize much of the event (like setting out tasks), but I will be busy with my portion of the plan (hotel tea). The Fair will definitely need to be a group effort if we want to make this work! That was the reason for the discussion thread. The more people who volunteer to organize events or host/bring food, the better! :)

Egg hunts should be done outside, of course. And whomever organizes the hunt should make sure they write down where all the eggs are, since we would not want to leave behind unfound eggs onsite. Haha!

Lastly, I'm thinking the Fair should probably be on Saturday, given our time constraints on Sunday. I know it isn't official Easter Sunday (and maybe the egg hunt can be Sunday morning), I'm just thinking it'll be harder to organize a major event Sunday morning, when a lot of people are super tired and we can only go until 11 a.m. But keep the ideas coming!
""The Man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind." - William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Jennifer
Prospector

Post by Jennifer » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm

LaurenM wrote:Maybe each business has a thing available to ticket holders (flat fee gets you access to the snacks or whatever), and then an event for VIP ticket holders?
I like this idea! I'll have to coordinate with the other business owners about this.

Eryn
Prospector

Post by Eryn » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:42 pm

I am happy to coordinate an Egg Hunt post Easter Sermon at the Church. But that would mean Sunday morning stuff, so take that as you all will.

Jennifer
Prospector

Post by Jennifer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Eryn wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:42 pm
I am happy to coordinate an Egg Hunt post Easter Sermon at the Church. But that would mean Sunday morning stuff, so take that as you all will.
If people want to have an early Easter Egg hunt Sunday morning, that's totally fine. It'll probably be fun! I was just thinking it might be early for the night owls at camp (haha). It would definitely have to be early, since game ends at 11 a.m. So it should probably start around 9 or (at the absolute latest) 10 a.m. But that's just my two sense.

I'm planning on starting a group PM or Facebook conversation with all those people who've said they might be interested in hosting something. Details TBA.

Asher
Prospector

Post by Asher » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Lilian would gladly give out quick sketches/caricatures for a discounted price (like 2-5 cents, or I might just set out a pay-as-you-want tip jar) and maybe some lighthearted folktale readings for people who are interested. It's not much, but it's what she's got to offer.

If Maffick Mercantile is a thing this coming game then it can be done there, if not...anywhere that offers up space will work.

Point is, totally down to help out with this.

Jennifer
Prospector

Post by Jennifer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Mary wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:20 pm
Lilian would gladly give out quick sketches/caricatures for a discounted price (like 2-5 cents, or I might just set out a pay-as-you-want tip jar) and maybe some lighthearted folktale readings for people who are interested. It's not much, but it's what she's got to offer.

If Maffick Mercantile is a thing this coming game then it can be done there, if not...anywhere that offers up space will work.

Point is, totally down to help out with this.
Sounds great! Let me try to line you up with a space. Hopefully, I'll be talking to other business owners this week.