Recipes

The Rules Clarifications forum is for "does this work X or Y?" posts.
JodyM

Recipes

Post by JodyM » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:54 pm

I'm not able to find anything on this in the rule book, so I gotta ask here:

How do I learn a recipe? Is it only a matter of having the skills and then paying the cost? Do I need to be taught, using the same rules for learning rituals? Do I need a reasonable in game reason to learn the skill, but not actually have to do tracking of that?

MaxisG
Pioneer

Re: Recipes

Post by MaxisG » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:24 pm

From my personal experience with my alt character, (an ex-surgeon who has learned to make various medicines) you just need to have the skill requirements and then pay the money to "buy" it and then it is put on your electronic character sheet. It is contained in the same section of your character sheet as the rituals. I don't think a reasonable reason in mechanically necessary though of course it would be best if your character had a reason for learning it.

Ginger
Rules Team Member
Rules Team Member

Post by Ginger » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:02 am

Max has the gist of it.

Once you have the prerequisites, you purchase the recipe in the check-in section of the builder. The monetary cost is to represent the time and materials needed to master the recipe. Note the name of the recipes under "Recipes/notes" in the bottom portion of page two. (Rituals are now listed in an off-sheet list you can expand and view using the Rituals button.)

All the recipes are advanced versions of other things you can already do with your skills, so the assumption is that you don't need a teacher, you just have to suss it out.

JodyM

Post by JodyM » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:16 pm

Awesome, thank you!