Stories Underhill - Part 1

Caoimhe
Prospector

Stories Underhill - Part 1

Post by Caoimhe » Wed May 01, 2019 3:04 am

Caoimhe's Da pitched his voice into a slightly lower tone and launched into the meat of the tale.

"The Sorceress walked into the pristine marble hall Underhill to see a group of ornate chairs on a raised dais with a regal and terrible looking fae in each. The shine had been put on her though, so she was able to see through their glamours to their true forms. Of course, that also meant that she could see Dúnmharú's cap dripping the fresh blood of his victims into warm sticky puddles on the marble floor next to her - but she wasn't put off by it. She knew what she had asked for and Dúnmharú had told her that members of both courts had answered her call to be there.

Compared to her gracious Underhill hosts, the Sorceress looked scruffy and unkempt. Her long red hair was loose, uncut, unbrushed and topped with a rain warped floppy hat. Her layers of undyed, or muddy skirts were uneven and road-worn, her boots were covered in dirt and her long coat was tattered and inside out. She shuffled further into the room with her shoulders hunched like she was a frail old woman.

A platinum blond knight dressed in silver and white stood up from one of the chairs on the dais and addressed her in a voice that filled the hall.

"You are Colleen Reed? The Vampyre? You are the one here to beg of us our stories?" he asked."

Caoimhe interrupted her father here with a disbelieving scoff. "Colleen Reed? Da, really? Who the hell would fall for that as a real name? I mean please! Red haired girl? Who hears that and thiks - oh, aye, that's her name sure enough. BOLLACKS TO THAT! That's totally unbelievable!! What, did the fae suddenly turn English or something? At least try! You can come up with a better name den that!!"

Moira nodded her head in vigorous agreement with her older sister and their Da gave a chuckle.

"Very well..."You are Shannon Dubhghall? The Vampyre? You are the one here to beg of us our stories?"

The Sorceress saw the traps in those questions as clear as day. His words also made her realize that there were six chairs up on that dais. Six. One for each of the stories she sought. She realized then that they sought to make her owe as many favours as they could squeeze from her. Not this time. she thought to herself I am a child of the Emerald Isle and the grand-daughter of a Senachie. Fey blood runs through my veins and I know these tricks. I have come prepared.

Her voice raised up loud and strong in contrast to the fact that she did not raise her head to look at the Fey lord who had spoken.

"I am the woman who sometimes uses the name Shannon Dubhghall. I am sent by no one but myself and I do not come to beg." She looked up at him then and used a touch of her magic to make her eyes glow with a dangerous light.

"I come to trade."
---- You have to be brave. Your courage to do what is right has to be greater than your fear of getting hurt. Be brave. ----

Patricia
Check-In
Check-In

Re: Stories Underhill - Part 1

Post by Patricia » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Is this for length?

Character count including spaces is 2775, and the requirment is 3000+ characters with spaces.

Patricia
Check-In
Check-In

Re: Stories Underhill - Part 1

Post by Patricia » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:03 pm

Note: This lit cannot receive xp as the 3 lit maximum has already been hit for between games 5.6 and 6.1. Well done!