July 2018 - Nightmares - Tia

AntoniaMariaReyes

July 2018 - Nightmares - Tia

Post by AntoniaMariaReyes » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:37 am

He looked ANGRY. She couldn't recall ever seeing him that angry. Disappointed, sure. Exasperated, of course, constantly. But she'd never seen him show this much frustration, or hate, or anger. And the few times she'd caught a glimpse of fire in his eyes, it had never been directed at her.

Until now.

Now, he had a look of utter loathing. Tight-lipped fury burned in his face, and she knew it was all for her, and she couldn't avoid it. She didn't know which was worse - the fact that she hadn't done any particular thing, any singular action, to make him suddenly hate her.... or the fact that her very nature, her lies, her silliness, her overall ineptitude, had led to his change of demeanor...and she couldn't even blame him for it.

It wasn't anything she could have done differently. It was just... HER.

She didn't know what to say, or what to do. She only knew that she had ruined it, forever, and she could never make things go back to the way things were. He hated her now. He knew that she wasn't what Rat wanted, and he was going to take it out on her.

"...Piper?" she murmured, wanting to get his attention, but unsure how to talk to him without drawing his ire. "May I-"

"Shut up" he snapped. "Be quiet and do as you're told for once in your life."

Her eyes welled up with tears. "But-"

"I said shut UP!" he yelled, raising a hand to strike her. She froze, and flinched, and his hand - 

She snapped awake, startling herself so badly that she rolled both out of bed and out of Rodens, landing with a clatter and a thud as an uncoordinated young woman on the floor. In the next bed over, a familiar form stirred at the sudden noise.

"Kid, you alright?" Piper asked, groggy concern in his eyes. 

She sniffled and nodded, not moving from her awkward position on the floor. "Yes, I'm fine. Everything is great. No bad dreams here." 

Piper sat up in bed, reached down and tousled her hair affectionately. "D'you want to talk about it?"

She smiled and leaned into his hand a tiny bit, sniffling subsiding. "Yes, definitely tonight and not maybe tomorrow. I don't feel better now." 

Piper paused for a moment, parsing her answer. "Alright. Y'know I'm here if you need me." 

She nodded, brushed herself off, and climbed into the opposite bed. Safe and warm under the covers, she felt much better. 
There once was a man
From Kent who got limericks
And haikus confused.