The Wedding Dinner Pot Luck Sign-up!

Jennifer
Prospector

The Wedding Dinner Pot Luck Sign-up!

Post by Jennifer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:30 pm

UPDATE: THIS WILL BE MOVED TO NEXT SEASON DUE TO COVID-19. DATE TBA!

Hello All! As you know, the Bailey-Oakhurst wedding game is approaching! April 18th, time TBD. We'd like to have the ceremony in the Amphitheater (weather permitting) and then we'd like to do a potluck dinner at Townhall, followed by dancing! We'd love to have volunteers help with set-up and clean-up and will be happy to offer in-game money to everyone who does. More on that later.

First thing's first -- I've been toying with different ideas about serving a wedding dinner and I think the absolutely easiest way to do this is to have a big potluck. I'm thinking there can be three categories: O'dourves, Entrees, and desserts. Oh, also drinks (which makes four)! I'm going to put this out there to see if anyone might be interested in signing up to bring a dish.

Please reply to this thread, along with your potential dish, what category it is, and how many people it can potentially serve, and you will be added to the list. See my entry as an example. EDIT: I'm sure I don't have to say this, but store-bought items are absolutely welcome!

Many thanks. We look forward to sharing our characters' wedding experience with you!

O'dourves

Entrees
1. Jennifer (Rose): Creamy chicken casserole (chicken breast, couscous, broccoli) -- serves 8 to 10

Desserts
1. Skinner (Miss Vienna Childs): Small Wedding Cake (serves ~25)

Drinks
1. Jennifer (Rose): 4 bottles of martinelli's sparkling cider -- serves 10 to 16
Last edited by Jennifer on Tue May 12, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
""The Man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind." - William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Miss Vienna
Prospector

Re: The Wedding Dinner Pot Luck Sign-up!

Post by Miss Vienna » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:58 pm

Dessert: 1. Skinner (Miss Vienna Childs): Small Wedding Cake (serves ~25)

Jennifer
Prospector

Post by Jennifer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:34 am

Thanks, Lauren! I'll add you to the list.
""The Man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind." - William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Lindsay
Dreamer

Post by Lindsay » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:17 am

Is the casserole with the broccoli being cooked on site? I need to know for allergy kitchen avoidance issues which will determine what I’ll be able to contribute

Jennifer
Prospector

Post by Jennifer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:51 am

Lindsay wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:17 am
Is the casserole with the broccoli being cooked on site? I need to know for allergy kitchen avoidance issues which will determine what I’ll be able to contribute
Thanks, Lindsay! I'll be cooking it off-site, so I should only need the kitchen for re-heating purposes (most likely putting it in the oven in a casserole dish).

Lindsay
Dreamer

Post by Lindsay » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Another question!
For those of us who plan meals.... what time do you anticipate the wedding banquet happening on Saturday? Is it a lunch? A dinner?

Jennifer
Prospector

Post by Jennifer » Tue May 12, 2020 6:12 pm

My apologies for neglecting this thread for so long! Obviously, due to all the craziness, DP wedding planning (not to mention real-life wedding planning) has been on the back burner.

I'd like for the wedding to take place next season, at some point. Not sure if it'll be opening game, though. I'll let everyone know once we figure it out!