If you have multiple forum accounts...
on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:45 pm
Please don't forget to link your accounts if you happen to have multiples. This ensures XP is tallied correctly for your accounts and allows you to quickly switch between them with a simple dropdown instead of having to log out/in repeatedly.
on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm
Feeding on Changelings now causes Enchantment.
Change to Enchantment - Enchantment no longer causes forgetting; it now causes Rationalize.
Rationalize - A new power to protect the Veil and secrets. Currently only used as part of Enchantment.
Parrying - You may not parry packets, bullets, or physical ranged attacks.
Removed Trapping - Trapping is not yet ready for prime time; rules team has pulled it for now.
Lucid Dreamer merit - changed to reflect new Enchantment rules.
Shattering Crescendo - fixed.
Clarity in Obeah tree - removed 30 second charge timer
All references to Iron as a special material have been replaced with Cold Iron.
Answers to questions, before you ask them!
Changeling Itemmaker: Coming soon! If you need Changeling Fetishes, (either the Item background or because you are a Nocker) please drop a PM to Rules Team and we will help you build it. Alternately, you may wait until the Itemmaker is ready, and collect your tag at a future date.
Trapping: also coming soon! It just needs more polish. We will publish as an appendix when it is released.
Gift of Enchantment and Enchant Object are two names for the same power. We will clean this up with the next edition.
Clarity will remove enchantment
Shaking off will remove enchantment.
Ending an Enchantment early (eg Clarity, Shaking off) does not avoid the Rationalize effect.
Enchantment does not interact with Mental Overwrite effects.
Changelings do not need to spend Glamour to enchant Vampires who feed from them.
Cold Iron is a special material, just like gold or silver.
Normal ‘metal’ weapons like swords and guns are not Cold Iron
S5E3 XP Votes!
on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:07 am
Results from last game's XP votes are in!
Non-Staff Game support:
Next game, the votes will be:
Most Wild West Moment
Best Faction Specific Moment
Non-Staff Game Support
Changes to S5R2 Rulebook
on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:00 am
The XOs have coordinated with the Storytellers and Rules team to make the following changes:
We are releasing the Shadow Arts of Contempt and Delusion.
However, we are also putting a rule in that says you may only know one tree from Seelie or Shadow arts.
This is intended to be temporary (likely though the rest of the season, possibly longer) until additional arts can be developed.
Additionally, based on the passionate feedback from some of our players, Rules Team will be reviewing the "Vampires feeding from Changling rules" at their next meeting. More news on that next week.
We thank everyone for their continued patience.
on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:36 pm
Unseelie Contempt and Delusion trees added to book
Skills Trapping hotfix
Trapping tags added to equipment page
- Dead bodies now effectively gain static nature. Taint decays slowly over time as long as the player remains laying as a body.
- General rules for Trapping and Time Bombs have been added here.
- Relic text now clarifies how ranged weapons do/don't work in the Umbra.
- Learning Rituals has been simplified and clarified. Please read up on this.
- Characters can now copy their own rituals, but it eats the learning slots it would take to relearn the ritual.
- Description of Gameplay Expectations added - each section of the book now has a "generally you'll see this kind of plot" section added. Note, this doesn't mean you *must* play this way, but that this type of plot may come find you one way or another.
- Trapping Equipment has been added to the Equipment table.
Universal Character Information
- The Trapping skill has been added!
- New mortal flaw: Precluded First Change - 6 point flaw - As a Mortal character, you may never First Change into a Supernatural.
- Clarification that EPs don't have to be purchased in order, cost the same as L5 powers, but must be purchased at L6+, after buying up to L5.
- Lasombra weakness clarified.
- Nosferatu weakness now also applies +1 cost to Animalism self-powers when your costume requirement is visaged away.
- Samedi weakness now also doubles the cost of all Thanatosis powers when your costume requirement is visaged away.
- Setite weakness clarified (still same as Lasombra)
- Gargoyles weakness now also halves the duration of all Visceratika self-powers when your costume requirement is visaged away.
- Auspex Sense powers have had their durations removed, in-line with all other instances.
- Vicissitude EPs wording clarified - you must be in forms to use these powers.
- Catharsis text updated for clarity.
- Gnosis Access Merit brought in-line with the earlier description. Cost is 1:1.
Gaian Spirit Rules
- New power: Shape Object allows temporary non-mechanical umbra-bound objects.
- Changeling has been added to the book!
- Assess and Conscious Search are now listed properly.
- New skills Set Trap and Disarm Trap.
- Modifiers - Disables no longer end automatically upon being attacked/damaged. They now allow the target to choose to end them instead.
- Enchantment power added, which references the Enchantment section in General Rules.
- Sense Deeply now clarifies that certain questions may only be asked if you are certain Types.
- Visage clarified, no mechanical change.
Official Changeling Rarity Costs for Season 5.
on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:31 pm
As of the deadline (12:01am this morning) there are 11 people who have successfully signed up for a Changeling reservation. We are also assuming that there will be 2 Sidhe in play.
Therefore, All changelings will need to pay 22 points for rarity cost. Sidhe will need to pay 4 more for a total cost of 26. You may go into XP debt to pay this cost if necessary.
Please note: Brand new players also get this same cost, even if they did not reserve a slot, so long as the character debut is within Season 5.
Starting with Season 6, Rarity costs will be calculated as normal for everyone.
Welcome to Changeling!
ST Announcements Game 5.3 - Terra Incognita
on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:14 am
RAIN is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. Safety of the players takes precedence over anything else. If the rain is too heavy, we will not have a traditional “final fight” on Saturday and will instead have smaller encounters that can be held for interested groups on the other side of Town Hall. ST Camp will never penalize players for wanting to remain warm and dry. If you feel that plot is doing so, talk to us and we will work out alternatives. If to stay warm for a bit, you need to wear non-1800s clothing, come to ST Camp! You can do a shift as something wearing a tabard over a heavy hoodie for instance, or work inside on crafting or organizing.
Do not bring up recent personal events with Channing. Just leave that subject alone.
EARTHQUAKE! In the fiction of the game, there will be an earthquake on Saturday. This will be handled by an ST out of game screaming out “EARTHQUAKE” This is a medium-sized quake, something that rattles the walls but does not cause massive destruction to buildings. You might RP perhaps that a glass fell. Your character may have never experienced an earthquake before.
Submitting a Feedback after game now rewards you with information for your character, as if you did a downtime action.
There may be scenes in coming games that allow for information and plot effects with the use of skills in ways other than their mechanics, like using detection to “track” things.
Players should familiarize themselves with the rules for Stone Body and Dynamite. They may be used in unconventional ways this game.
Stone Body: Equip a red mantle. While in this state, you reduce all incoming damage to 1. You may not move faster than a walking pace, but you may otherwise attack and act as normal. While in Stone Body no damage is considered aggravated.
Dynamite - Dynamite - A special item crafted through Gunsmithing/Ammosmithing 5. Dynamite has multiple uses. The lighting mechanism consists of using a flame prop, Flint and Steel, or a power which lets you call fire damage and calling: "Lighting Dynamite", you may switch to only one hand after the call. Make an audible count of "Burning". Once the effect of your Dynamite fires off, destroy the Dynamite tag.
The combat use for Dynamite starts with holding the Dynamite prop in both hands and using the lighting mechanism with a 3 count, then remove the sheath (if there is one) and throw the dynamite at the ground with a bit of force. The discs should shatter apart. Call "Boom Fire 4". If it fails to explode, you may reset the prop and use it again.
A single stick of Dynamite can be used to destroy any tagged item. Place a Dynamite prop on top of the item or temporarily attach it to the item, then use the lighting mechanism with a 3 count while moving away from the item. After the count yell "Boom Shatter [name of item]".
10 sticks of Dynamite can be used to disable any Node for 24 hours. Place the bundle of Dynamite at the node and use the lighting mechanism with a 30 count and move at least 30 feet away. Any targets within 30 feet of the dynamite when the Burning count completes will take 4 Fire damage. Use the sig call of "Massive Explosion. Within 30 feet of Dynamite take 4 damage." - it's long, but it matters.
5.2 XP awards!
on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:19 am
I almost forgot!
Here are the XP awards.
Best prop or deco:
Most addition to immersion:
Best Secret spilled:
Non-Staff Game support:
Changeling coming - Reserve now!
on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:39 pm
Dark Prospects is currently planning to release Changeling as part of the mid-season rules update. That means that the first changeling characters are planned to be available during the February game.
In order to help us determine rarity cost, we need to know who intends to play changelings this season. Changeling will NOT have a zero rarity cost on day one; it will be determined by the number of reservations we receive. However, only those people who make reservations (and new players!) will be able to make changelings this season - but the rarity cost will be the same for everyone no matter which of the first 3 games they introduce the character. Rarity will then be recalculated and used as normal starting with the first game of Season 6.
So! Would you like to play a changeling during February, March, or April 2019 - either as an Alt or Primary? If so, please go here: https://darkprospects.us/reservechangeling
NPC Sign Ups
on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:27 pm
St camp will be taking walk in NPCs as usual next weekend, but we also have some NPCs we would like to cast in advance. Contact Chris for additional information and to claim a spot.
Nosferatu - Recurring - NPC Gets its own mini game
Renown Spirits - Must feel confident in taking relevant notes for renown in a format that is legible and relevant. We may have a way for you to voice record, so you can type-transcribe at st camp.
Mortal Prostitute - recurring
Saturday Early Afternoon
One Werewolf, not meant for combat but it might happen. CoG Theurge
Saturday, pick your time
NPCs willing to “teach” skills or skill trees. Have some sort of lesson plan to make this engaging for PCs
Saturday Evening Big Fight - NPCs for the big fight will get an additional reward for missing out on PCing during the big show
1 person to facilitate and oversee PCs doing non combat tasks in town hall
As many combat NPCs as we can get.