Dark Prospects Playtest 5.01
As we come up on our summer playtest period we wanted to get some information to you, our players, for building your characters. We've created an updated (for the playtest) Character builder, which you can find below, and you'll find information on building your characters as well.
- Attending a playtest is worth 2XP.
- Writing a Playtest Report is worth 1XP
- Playtests are effectively one-shot Dark Prospects games. They are intended to be a fun diversion, as well as to test power interaction and builds across players and characters, and to try out new mechanics aside from those found in the rulebook itself.
- Any new mechanics should be clearly written or described before game, so you know what to expect.
- We ask that you not play one of your regular player characters during a playtest. It can be difficult to remember that you learned something during a playtest and not during a regular game, so to avoid that issue we want you to play something unique.
- Any characters played at a playtest should not be turned into a player character (see above) - altering a concept between PT and the regular game is fine.
- Rarity costs are not a thing during the playtest.
- Shifter characters may purchase up to Rank 5 through Merits, but start at Rank 1 still.
- Players will be able to use 3x the crafting capacity of their character (as if crafting for 3 separate check-ins)
- Characters will receive 5 games worth of Income or Prospecting (for the playtest we may use slips of paper to track currency.
- Characters with either Income or Prospecting will receive bonus crafting equivalent to 1 session of check-in.
- For the sake of this playtest, we're going to ask players not to take on secondary characters.
You don't appear to be logged in currently. Please log in to receive the Character builder link and information about what concepts we'd still like to see played. If you do not have an account please Register